Intern withInternational Rivers
InternationalRivers is aninternational environmental NGO that protects rivers and defends therights ofcommunities that depend on them. With offices on four continents, wework tostop destructive dams and promote water and energy solutions for a justandsustainable world.Since 2006,International Rivers’ China Program hasincreased awareness about the role andimpacts of Chinese dam builders andfinanciers in China and internationally. Ourprogram focuses both on the roleof Chinese dam builders in Southeast Asia,Africa and Latin America, as well ason dam building within China. We advocatefor policy reform, strengthen thecapacity of Chinese and host country NGOs,carry out research and monitorcritical projects.
We are seekinga part-time (8-16hours/week) intern for 6 months or longer to assist our ChinaProgram invarious research projects. The Intern will help the China programconductdesktop research, compile and organize data, and carry out basicanalysis. Theintern is expected to:
- Bepursuing a Master orPhD Degree in environmental or social science
- Possesscreativity,flexibility, variety and growth potential
- Possessexcellentcommunication and interpersonal skills
- PossessexcellentEnglish speaking and reading skills
- Internationalwork orresearch experiences desirable
- Possessgood computerand web skills
The internshipwill be paid and thelocation will be in Beijing.
To apply,please submit the following in Word orpdf format to email@example.com with “Intern - YOURNAME” in the subject line:
1) A letter of interestexplaining why you would liketo join International Rivers and how your skillsare appropriate for thisposition. Also include when you would be available tostart and your salaryrequirements
2) A brief relevantwriting sample in English
3) A resume or CV