队长：Shallabh Mittal, Environment Protection and Awareness Club
我们的三国•智竞赛是由环境保护和意识俱乐部（Environment Protection and Awareness Club，EPAC）联合Nirmaan(社会NGO)、URJA（energy saving initiative）、DoJMA(dept. of journalism)以及其他的一些机构共同在校园中发起的。
10/10/10行动日：植树、清扫校园、以“自然和生物多样性”为主题的摄影/涂鸦比赛、放映环保电影“第11小时”和“The Story of Stuff”，当天的活动中，有500多个同学加入了清扫校园的行列中。
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India:
Team leaders: Shallabh Mittal, Environment Protection and Awareness Club
Earned Points in the Race: 330
Report: Our GPR effort was spearheaded by the Environment Protection and Awareness Club (EPAC) in the campus with effective collaboration with other departments and clubs of the campus including Nirmaan (social NGO), URJA (energy saving initiative), DoJMA (dept. of journalism) among others.
We had a team of 20 students working for our GPR projects and activities. We engaged approximately 1000 people through our projects, activities and awareness campaigns.
● Basic water audit with the help of the Maintenance department: we confirmed excess consumption in the campus. We made several efforts to save water, including putting up posters encouraging reduced consumption and placing plastic bottles in the toilet cisterns to reduce the flush volume—saving 6,680 litres of water daily.
● On 25th September, “International Coastal Clean-up Day,” we collaborated with the Indian Navy, Coast Guard and the Directorate of Tourism to clean up a degraded beach.
● We implemented a pilot paper segregation and recycling plan.
● 10/10/10 tree planting, clean up, photography/drawing competition focused on “nature and biodiversity” and film screening of The 11th Hour and The Story of Stuff. 500 students helped with the campus clean up.
● We distributed over 700 natural clay diyas as part of our “Green Diwali” efforts.
● We collaborated and volunteered with NIRMAAN, a NGO started by students of our campus to setup various self-help groups in Goa, and sourced products made by them for promotion on our campus.
● We successfully used Facebook and the campus radio and publications in collaboration with the Department of Journalism and Media Affairs (DoJMA). Our progress and activities were even covered by the local media (print, TV, radio) as ours was the only college in the state of Goa competing in the Great Power Race.
The Great Power Race wasn’t just a competition, it was a medium to showcase our ongoing efforts and commitment towards the environment and help in mitigating climate change. It was a medium to network with other people working towards the same goal and mutually share our resources and ideas. We have established ties with other campuses competing in the competition and will collaborate with them for future projects. This is not the end, it’s just the beginning.